Voting Day RegistrationIf you are not on the list of electors, you may register at the time of voting by completing an application form available at the voting place. Registration is available at all voting places on general voting day and advance polls. To register you must meet the following qualifications:
- 18 years of age or older on general voting day;
- Canadian citizen;
- resident of BC for at least 6 months immediately preceding the day of registration;
- resident of OR registered owner of real property in the voting jurisdiction for at least 30 days immediately preceding the day of registration; and
- not disqualified by the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting in an election or otherwise disqualified by law.
- Two pieces of identification (at least one with a signature). Picture identification is not necessary. The identification must prove both residency and identity;
- OR If you do not have a document that proves your residence, you may provide two documents for identity, and make a solemn declaration to confirm residency - declaration forms will be available at the voting place.
- Two pieces of identification (at least one with a signature) to prove identity;
- Proof of ownership of the property in the voting area, such as your tax notice, or a certificate of title print-out; and
- If there is more than one owner of the property, written consent from the other property owners. Note: Only one non-resident property elector is entitled to vote per property