COVID-19 and impacts to RDN services
Home Energy Assessment
Home Energy Assessment Rebate
An EnerGuide Home Energy Assessment helps you identify where energy is used in your home and what energy efficiency upgrades make the most sense for you and your home. They are completed by licensed Energy Advisors.
Applications for this rebate are accepted from January 1, 2022 through to December 15, 2022.
A limited number of rebates are available on a first come, first serve basis for Electoral Area residents.
Due to funding structure, this rebate is only available to RDN Electoral Area Residents. City of Nanaimo residents can view the information for their area here: Home Energy Assessment . Residents of Lantzville, Parksville, and Qualicum Beach can contact their respective municipalities for information on available rebates.
I am an RDN Electoral Area resident, what rebates are available to me?
There are two Home Energy Assessment incentive types available to RDN Electoral Area residents:
$150 Initial Home
Follow-up Home Energy Assessment incentive
Follow-up Assessments are eligible for $10 per 5 GJ/year reduction on the EnerGuide rating scale, to a maximum of $200.
How to Apply for the Rebate
1. Collect the required documents (see table above)
2. Attach the required documents to an email that also contains the following information:
- Name of purchaser/homeowner
- Address of the project where the assessment is conducted
- Address to which your rebate cheque will be sent
3. Send that email to: sustainability [at] rdn.bc.ca
No email? You can submit hard copies by mail or in person to:
Home Energy Assessment Rebate
c/o Sustainability Coordinator
6300 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo, B.C. V9T 6N2
4. Allow 4-6 weeks for the delivery of your rebate cheque.
Other rebates are also available...
Looking for an Energy Advisor to complete your Home Energy Assessment?
You can check out the list of provincial program-approved Energy Advisors at CleanBC: https://betterhomesbc.ca/ea/
If your company provides a home energy assessment service and would like to be listed with the RDN as providing services in our area, please contact the RDN Sustainability Coordinator at sustainability [at] rdn.bc.ca.
These are Energy Advisors that have connected with the RDN to let us know they provide services in our area:
- Airtight Energy Advisors, Email: bruce.gray [at] energyadvisor.pro, Phone: 250-740-5791
- EnerTech Solutions Ltd, Email: enertechsolutionsltd [at] gmail.com, Phone: 250-896-1421
- City Green, Phone: 1-866-381-9995
- Hometech Energy Solutions Inc., Email: rod [at] hometechenergy.com, Phone: 1-866-561-0708
- VerdaTech Energy Management & Consulting, Email: info [at] energyexperts.ca, Phone:1-866-241-6804
- Grok Energy Services, Email: info [at] grok.ca, Phone:1-866-629-6661
- CoEfficient Building Science, Email: dveylan [at] coeff.ca, Phone: 250-714-8098
- Capital Home Energy, Vancouver Island Division, Email: info [at] capitalhomeenergy.com, Phone: 250-244-1888
- JRS Engineering Ltd, Email: dwcroft [at] gmail.com, Phone: 250-619-6763
- Focused Energy Assessments, Email: book [at] focusedenergy.ca, Phone: 250-650-4661
Terms & Conditions
See the complete list of Green Building Incentive Program Terms and Conditions
Resources & Links
- Natural Resources Canada - An EnerGuide Home Evaluation
- Better Homes BC - CleanBC energy saving rebates & incentives
For More Information:
sustainability [at] rdn.bc.ca