What Goes Where
Please visit rdn.bc.ca/pandemic for more information.
RDN Facility Operations
The RDN Solid Waste Facilities are open regular business hours, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 7 days a week, excluding statutory holidays. Both RDN Solid Waste Facilities are adhering to BC Public Health Orders. As such masks are mandatory in all indoor facilities, including transfer buildings.
- The two facilities accept debit and credit and the public is encouraged to use ‘tap.’ Cash will not be accepted at this time.
- Commercial traffic is being given priority at both locations.
- Please ensure social distancing when interacting with facility staff.
To protect collection and facility workers, please bag and dispose the following items into your garbage cart:
- Single-use face masks
- Disposable gloves
- Sanitary wipes (even those labelled flushable/compostable)
Hogweed, Knotweed and Gorse invasive plants are NOT accepted as yard waste at Circular Waste BC composting facility in Duke Point. These invasive plants must be double bagged and buried at the active face of the Regional Landfill and charged as MSW.
Accepted as Yard Waste at Church Road Transfer Station and Regional Landfill:
- Scotch Broom in small amounts
- All other invasive plant species