GIS Open Data
DisclaimerThe disclaimer applies to all data downloaded from the Spatial Data Download page.
- The Regional District of Nanaimo makes no representation or warranty; either expressed or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the accuracy, completeness or appropriateness of the data, materials or documents contained or referenced herein or provided.
- In addition, the Regional District of Nanaimo shall not be responsible for any action, cost, loss or liability whatsoever arising from the reliance on or use of this information provided by the Regional District.
- These files are for reference purposes only and the Regional District of Nanaimo is not liable for any consequences or damages any individual may incur as a result of misrepresented, misquoted, or mistaken information.
- The information provided is not meant to be an authoritative guide.
LicenceThe Regional District of Nanaimo open data is released in accordance with the British Columbia Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and may be used under the terms of the Open Government Licence - Regional District of Nanaimo.
This licence is based on Version 2 of the Open Government License - British Columbia, which was developed through public consultation and a collaborative effort by provincial and federal government. The only substantive changes in this licence are to replace direct references to the Province of British Columbia with the Regional District of Nanaimo.
The complete text of this licence is provided below.
Open Government Licence - Regional District of NanaimoYou are encouraged to use the Information that is available under this licence with only a few conditions.
Using Information under this licence
- Use of any Information indicates your acceptance of the terms below.
- The Information Provider grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the Information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below.
You are free to:
- Copy, modify, publish, translate, adapt, distribute or otherwise use the Information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose.
You must, where you do any of the above:
- Acknowledge the source of the Information by including any attribution statement specified by the Information Provider and, where possible, provide a link to this licence. If the Information Provider does not provide a specific attribution statement, or if you are using Information from several information providers and multiple attributions are not practical for your product or application, you must use the following attribution statement: Contains information licenced under the Open Government Licence - Regional District of Nanaimo.
- The terms of this licence are important, and if you fail to comply with any of them, the rights granted to you under this licence, or any similar licence granted by the Information Provider, will end automatically.
- This licence does not grant you any right to use:
- Personal Information;
- Information or Records not accessible under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (B.C.);
- Third party rights the Information Provider is not authorized to licence;
- The names, crests, logos, or other official marks of the Information Provider; and
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trade-marks and official marks.
- This licence does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Information Provider endorses you or your use of the Information.
- The Information is licensed "as is", and the Information Provider excludes all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The Information Provider is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information, and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with this licence or the Information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
- You accept all responsibility for decisions or actions taken based on the use of RDN spatial data. Under no circumstances will the Information Provider be held liable for such events.
- You accept responsibility for contacting appropriate Regional District of Nanaimo staff before making important decisions based on the Information.
- Original Bylaws should be consulted for all purposes of interpretation and application of the Bylaws.
- This licence is governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia and the applicable laws of Canada.
- Legal proceedings related to this licence may only be brought in the courts of British Columbia.
- In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
- "Information" means information resources or Records protected by copyright or other information or Records that are offered for use under the terms of this licence.
- "Information Provider" means The Regional District of Nanaimo.
- "Personal Information" has the meaning set out in Schedule 1 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (B.C.).
- "Records" has the meaning set out in section 29 of the Interpretation Act (B.C.).
- "You" means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.
- This is version 1.0 of the Open Government Licence for Regional District of Nanaimo Information. The Information Provider may make changes to the terms of this licence from time to time and issue a new version of the licence. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the licence in force as of the date you accessed the information.