The RDN is fortunate to have a comprehensive Regional and Community Parks and Trails System. With 12 Regional Parks encompassing 2,072 hectares of land, 78 kilometres of developed Regional Trails, and over 200 Community Parks in the seven Electoral Areas, there is plenty of opportunity for residents and guests to enjoy the benefits of having nature close at hand.
Our Parks System ranges from oceanfront, lakefront & riverside properties and all the way up to alpine terrain on mountain tops. The RDN’s Regional Trails include front county and back country experiences and has numerous pedestrian bridges that span the many rivers and creeks that are situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island.
Please try out the Interactive Parks and Trails Finder
The RDN also has parks planning initiatives to guide the future of RDN parks.
So come on out and explore our outdoors!
- Parks & Trails Strategy - Online Survey open until December 16, 2019 (4 chances to win a $50 prize!)
- Parks & Trails Strategy - Now Underway!
- News Release - New Parking Lot Open at Mount Benson Regional Park
- Notice of Improvements - TCT Timberlands Rd Parking Lot and Access Trail
- Benson Creek Falls Regional Park Access Improvements Project - Now Underway!