Camping at Descanso Bay Regional Park
Descanso Bay Regional Park on Gabriola Island is located a short distance from the ferry terminal and is an ideal location for discovering all Gabriola has to offer. This 40-acre oceanfront park has a family-friendly campground that offers private, un-serviced, wooded sites and is easily accessible by vehicle, foot, bike, or kayak. Wander or bike along an established network of trails through the majestic forest setting of Cox Community Park located next door and explore the unique sandstone ocean shoreline in your own kayak or rent one at the park. Reservable campsites are available year-round at this park.
Making a Campsite Reservation
- For more information please contact 250-247-8255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reservations for campsites at Descanso Bay Regional Park can be made up to six (6) months in advance and up to one (1) day prior to your arrival date. The maximum stay is fourteen (14) nights.
- Same day reservations are NOT available online. If you do not have a reservation, you can check campground availability online to determine if there may be any campsites available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservation Fee (non-refundable) - $6.00 per campsite, per night, to a maximum of $18.00, plus tax.
- A maximum of five (5) sites may be booked with one reservation.
- Statutory Holiday Weekends - A minimum 3-night stay is required.
(When the holiday falls: on a Friday - the minimum stay is Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights; on a Monday - the minimum stay is Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights; on any other day - no minimum stay applies.)
- Minimum 2-night stay if booking a Saturday in July and August.
- Camping fees include parking for one vehicle. Additional fee of $8.50 per vehicle per night can be prepaid in conjunction with a reservation.
- Please review the prior to making a reservation.
Full payment is required at the time you make your reservation or change an existing reservation. All reservations must be paid with a credit card.
High Season: April 1 - September 30
All sites - $17.00 per night, plus tax
Reservation fee (non-refundable) - $6.00 per campsite, per night, to a maximum of $18.00, plus tax
Extra vehicles - $8.50 per night, plus tax
A minimum 3-night stay is required on statutory holiday weekends.
A minimum 2-night stay is required if booking a Saturday in July and August.
Low Season: October 1 - March 31
All sites - $10.00 per night, plus tax
Reservation fee (non-refundable) - $3.00 per campsite, per night, to a maximum of $9.00, plus tax
Extra vehicles - $5.00 per night, plus tax
- Campsite reservation changes can be made by email at email@example.com. Changes are not accepted online or by telephone.
- There is a non-refundable transaction fee of $10.00 to each reservation change.
- Date changes need to be made at least seven (7) days prior to your arrival date.
- After a date change has been made, the reservation can no longer be cancelled.
- All date change requests are dependent on availability.
Cancellations / Refunds
- Cancellations can be made by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or online if you registered for an account at the time of booking.
- Bookings cancelled within a week (7) days of scheduled arrival date: no refund.
- Bookings cancelled more than a week ahead of scheduled arrival receive a full refund minus reservation fee.
- Refunds are not given for an eviction, vacating your campsite early, or inclement weather.
Check-in time: 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Check-out time: before 11:00 a.m.
Please call 250-247-8255 or email email@example.com if you need to check in late. If you do not show up on the day of your reservations or provide notice of your late arrival, your site will be held until 11:00 a.m. the following morning. After that time your reservation is forfeited.