Residential Electric Vehicle Charging Station
< Return to Rebates This program enables residents to install a residential Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charging Station, providing immediate emission reductions and encouraging clean energy vehicle deployment in the Regional District.
How to Receive Your Rebate
To qualify for the $250 EV Charging Station rebate, residents must purchase and install an eligible Level 2 residential EV charging station. A list of eligible EV charging stations can be found here.
Residents will be required to submit:
- A copy of the receipt for the purchase of a qualifying Level 2 EV charging station
- A copy of the receipt for the installation of the charging station
- Name of purchaser/homeowner
- Address of the project where the electric vehicle charging station is installed
- Address to which your rebate cheque will be sent (if different)
Residential EV Charging StationTerms & Conditions
c/o Sustainability Coordinator
6300 Hammond Bay Road
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6N2
- Purchases of eligible products or services must be made after Program start date of December 1, 2011.
- Residents must have purchased an eligible Level 2 EV Charging station to qualify for this incentive.
- See the complete list of Green Building Program Terms and Conditions.
LinksPlease visit pluginbc website to learn about additional incentives for both the purchase of electric vehicles and the installation of electric vehicle charging stations are available through Plug In BC.
A list of EV charging stations available to the public can be found here EV charging-station-map.
Electric Charging Station Rebates
New rebates for residential and workplace Electric Charging (EV) charging stations are being offered through BC Hydro.
The residential rebates can be combined with the RDN’s EV charging station rebates is eligible for this grant and we have been contacted. For the grant quotes for the chargers, as well as for the electrical installation would be required. This can be provided by electricians.