Regional District of Nanaimo Green Building Incentive Program Terms and Conditions:
- Oil to Heat Pump, Renewable Energy, Home Energy Assessments, Sustainable Development Checklist, Electric Vehicle Charging Station, and Site Cut Timber incentives are available only to residents in the Regional District of Nanaimo Electoral Areas A, B, C, E, F, G and H.
- Woodstove exchange rebates are available to all Electoral Area Residents and residents of Qualicum Beach, Lantzville and Parksville.
- Incentives are limited and will be disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis
- Only one application for each rebate type (i.e. woodstove, solar hot water system, electric vehicle charging station) will be accepted per household
- Commercial and institutional developers are not eligible for financial incentives
- The rebate will not exceed the remaining cost of the product, as shown on the receipt
- It is the participant’s responsibility to retain all receipts, photos and documentation to demonstrate that the requirements of the Green Building Incentive Program have been met
- Rebate applications must be submitted within 90 days of purchase along with a proof of purchase
- The RDN has the right to verify information provided through the Green Building Incentive Program by contacting the retailer, installing contractor or by other reasonable means, before issuing a rebate
- The RDN reserves the right to refuse applications which it determines, in its sole discretion, are incomplete, inaccurate or otherwise do not meet program requirements
- The RDN does not endorse the services of any contractor nor any specific products and accepts no liability in the selection of materials, products, and contractors or performance or workmanship
- It is the Participants responsibility to meet all Program requirements and comply with any laws, regulations or by-laws regarding permits, codes, restrictions or inspections in relations to appliances, products or equipment installed
- The RDN Green Building Incentive Program may be amended, modified or terminated at any time based on funding limitations or for any other reason, without notice