Extreme Weather Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there swim sessions available at Ravensong Aquatic Centre?
Ravensong Aquatic Centre has reopened for pre-registered programs. No drop-ins available.
Pre-registered programs include aquafit, lane swim, leisure swim, swim lessons, everyone welcome swims and caregiver & child leisure pool swims. Plus private rentals.
Register online or call 250-752-5014. Private rentals are booked by calling 250-752-5014.
- Are there any swim times for families and/or children?
Yes, Caregiver & Child Leisure Pool swims, Leisure Swim, Swim Lessons and Everyone Welcome Swims are available. Private rentals are also available on Saturdays.
Caregiver & Child Leisure Pool Swim (45 min)
Swim together in our Leisure Pool. Registration is limited to a maximum of one session per week per user.Patrons are limited to the use of the Leisure Pool only; main pool and tot slide are not available. Maximum of seven patrons per group. Names of individuals in the group are required at the time of registration. Change room space is limited to one designated family changeroom upon exiting.
Everyone Welcome Swim
Registration is limited to a maximum of one session per week per user.All swimmers must be registered individually for this swim. Please note all children seven years of age and under, or under 4 feet tall, must be within arms reach of a parent or guardian (16yrs of age or older) while in the water. A maximum of three children seven years of age or under, or under 4 feet tall, per adult. Maximum 35 patrons allowed in session. The inflatables remain closed. Register online
- What can I expect when I arrive for a swim session at Ravensong Aquatic Centre?
Patrons must not enter if they suspect they have COVID-19 or if they have any of the known COVID-19 symptoms, or have been asked to self-isolate by Public Health.
On arrival, patrons must use hand sanitizer located at main entry.
Masks for the public 12 years and older are recommended indoors but mask wearing is not mandatory.
Patrons enter through the main entry doors no more than 10 minutes prior to session start time.
Patrons sign in at the front desk. Lanes are not designated by speed; patrons can expect different styles and speeds in their lane.
Lockers and changerooms are available. One family changeroom is reserved for the leisure pool swim.
Patrons remove shoes prior to stepping onto pool deck. Chairs are set up on the pool deck for swimmers’ belongings. Please wait for a lifeguard before entering the pool.
Patrons will swim in a designated lane for the duration of the session, switching lanes once you are designated is not permitted.
Patrons are permitted 15 minutes maximum in change rooms for a quick shower and to change into dry clothes at the end of each session.
Personal hair dryers are not permitted. Receptacles and wall-mounted hair dryers are out of service in the change rooms.
- Are the sauna, steam room or hot tube open?
The hot spots (sauna, steam room and hot tub) will open for the August 3-20 registered swim sessions. Registration opens Mon, July 19 at 8:00 am.
- How is the swimming pool water cleaned?
Pool water is: filtered treated by Ultra Violet light
By law, the main pool water is re-circulated through this system in its entirety at least once every 6 hours.
- treated with chlorine and sent back to the swimming pool.
- What is UV?
Ultraviolet (UV) light is at the invisible, violet end of the light spectrum. Ultraviolet purification uses a UV light source enclosed in a protective transparent sleeve.
- Why is Ultraviolet light with Chlorine tablets used to treat the swimming pool water?
- UV is compact and easy to incorporate.
- UV will noticeably improve the air and water quality by reducing chloramines.
- Almost every bacteria and virus is easily disinfected with UV.
- Chlorine tablets are selected because of their lower capital costs, accuracy, reliability, safe handling, and maintenance benefits.
- Will there be any chlorine in the swimming pool water?
Yes, by law, all BC swimming pools must be disinfected with a minimum of .5 ppm chlorine. We have chosen a tablet chlorination system.
- What is a tablet chlorination system?
Tablet chlorination systems accurately and safely deliver chlorine to water systems. Calcium hypochlorite tablets are an attractive alternative to chlorine gas or liquid chlorine solutions because it is a dry form of chlorine that offers several handling advantages.
- How does ultraviolet light disinfect the water?
UV rays penetrate harmful bacteria and viruses in the water, destroying their ability to reproduce. It is a simple but very effective process, with the system destroying 99.9% of harmful micro-organisms.
- What are Chloramines?
Chloramines or combined chlorine are the results of chlorine and bathers interacting. They off-gas into the air; they are corrosive to the building and humans. Controlling chloramines will reduce odor and irritation; making the environment healthier and more enjoyable.
- What water temperatures are the three Ravensong pools set at?
- 25 metre lane pool 28.3 C or 83.5 F
- Leisure pool 34.5 C or 94 F
- Whirl pool 39 C or 102 F
- What type of Saunas are there at Ravensong Aquatic Centre?
Ravensong Aquatic Centre has both a steam sauna and a dry infrared sauna.
- What community groups or clubs participate in programs at Ravensong Aquatic Center?
Ravensong Breakers - www.racbreakers.ca
Ravensong Waterdancers - ravensongwaterdancers.ca
Masters Swim Club - email cu.at.the.pool [at] gmail.com
If you have any questions, please Contact us and we will be more than happy to help you.