Curbside collection may be delayed due to staffing constraints for today, Thursday, July 14 and tomorrow, Friday, July 15, 2022.
- Thursday, July 14 collection of Garbage and Food Waste is for the ‘RD Route’ covering:
- The Town of Qualicum Beach
- Errington (RDN Electoral Area F)
- Friday, July 15 collection of Recycling and Food Waste is for the ‘RE Route’ covering:
- The City of Parksville – eastern half and Craig Bay
- San Pareil (RDN Electoral Area G)
- Nanoose Bay - Rocking Horse, Madrona (RDN Electoral Area E)
- Qualicum Bay, Deep Bay, Spider Lake, Little Qualicum Estates (RDN Electoral Area G & H)
Residents should ensure their carts are left out at the curb for the entire 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. collection day window, until they are emptied. Crews are working hard to finish the routes. Operators will be helping finish other routes, which may result in your carts being collected at different times (for example, the Garbage Cart collected at 2:30 p.m. and the Food Waste Cart at 4:30 p.m.).
If collection is delayed, updates specific to the affected area(s) will be sent out on our RDN Curbside notification system closer to the end of the collection window (6:00 p.m.).
Residents receiving RDN curbside collection services are encouraged to sign up for service alert notifications by email, phone call, or the “RDN Curbside” smartphone app. Download the free “RDN Curbside” app on your Apple or Android device. Follow the instructions below to sign up for email or phone call notifications:
- Go to our website: rdn.bc.ca/curbside
- Enter your address into the calendar search form and press search
- Select “Get a reminder!”
- Pick the type of reminder you would like to receive
- Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the sign-up